Tuesday, February 6, 2007

frame grabbers

I have always loved research. I love to figure things out,it's an added bonus that I waste huge chunks of my time while i'm at it!

For the basic software i used these websites:
http://www.stopmotionworks.com/stopmosoftwr.htm
http://alestopmotion.blogspot.com/1991/01/stop-motion-in-monkeyjam.html

I downloaded several useless software programs. here are my reviews for the ones i have experience with

anasazi: overly simple format, doesn't work with minidv camera even with codec. the program isn't that bad for freeware but overall it isn't very user friendly. stars:**

stop motion pro v5: professional format. possibly too complicated for the simple task it is made to do. NOT FREE. I downloaded the tutorial without knowing that there will be a watermark on your tutorial movie. overall: ***

monkeyjam: Perfect format. works with minidv, webcam, possibly still digital cameras. program includes onion skinning other things that are way over my head. I found this program to be perfect for what I'm doing. overall: *******++

No comments: